- In this paper, you will be asked to look at a particular theorist from your readings, apply it to your current work situation and your personal beliefs about professionalism and nursing. After that, you will hypothesize how all of this might affect your communication style, inter- and intra- disciplinary leadership, management, and collaboration.
- This assignment, due in Module 3, will be handed in via an attached Microsoft Office Word Document in formal APA Format. Remember:
- Do not use first person voice (I, me, my) unless assignment states it is ok
- 1 inch margins
- Times New Roman, 12 pt. font
- Title Page (“Running Head: TITLE IN CAPITAL LETTERS”) top left
- Running head top left of 1st page on
- Page numbers top right of 1st page on
- Use headers and sub-headers labeled according to grading rubric requirements
- Indent each paragraph with no extra space between paragraphs
- Write out numbers if less than 10 and use numbers if greater than 10
- No extra fancy formatting
- Reference Page (double spaced, indent after first row of each reference)
- It is expected that you use references from class readings in your paper, appropriately cited in the paper and referenced in the reference section
- You may use first person speech, when necessary.
- This paper is automatically submitted to SafeAssign and is evaluated for plagerism potential. SafeAssign compares this assignment against a set of academic papers to identify areas of overlap between your assignment and existing works. Your score will serve as a warning indicator only and you will be able to see your score.
- Scores below 15 %= these papers typically include some quotes and few common phrases or blocks of text that match other documents. These papers do not require further analysis.
- Scores between 15-40%= these papers include extensive quoted or paraphrased material, or they include plagiarism. These papers will be reviewed to determine if the matching text is properly referenced.
- Scores over 40%= there is a very high probability that text in these papers was copied from other sources. These papers include quoted or paraphrased text in excess and need to be reviewed for plagiarism.
Grading Rubric for Professionalism Theory Paper (100 points):
|10||Discuss why you identified with and chose this theorist|
|20||Provide an overview of selected theory and main beliefs|
|20||Apply the theory to your current work situation.How do the beliefs fit in with your role/job?|
|20||Apply the theory to your personal beliefs regarding professionalism and nursing|
|20||How does this theory affect your communication style, leadership style (inter- and intra- disciplinary), management style, and collaboration/delegation abilities|
|10||6-7 pages with cover page & references, Used references from class readings, APA format, grammar, spelling, and Safe Assign below 40%|