Management homework help
MPR professionals need to persuade connectors to use their message. It must be positioned as newsworthy. Common themes defining newsworthiness often include the following:
- Local, quirky personalities
- The underdog
- Impact on the audience
- Something of an unusual nature
Part 1: Pre-Pitch
Select a company to create a story that you wish to shop to a media outlet. Use the following guidelines:
- Provide a brief overview of the company.
- Describe the media outlet being pitched. Include information on its target audience (the media outlet must be real).
Part 1 of the Individual Project should be 1 page in length. Be sure to cite your resources.
Part 2: Writing an Effective Pitch Letter
- Write the pitch letter, which should include the following:
- An attention-grabbing opening
- The “hook”
- Background information supporting the pitch
- Support materials
- The action step
Part 2 of the Individual Project should be 2 1/2 pages in length. Be sure to cite your resources.
Part 3: Follow-up and Other Considerations
- Describe your follow-up plan.
- Discuss the special considerations for pitching a blogger.
Part 3 of the Individual Project should be 1 1/2 pages in length. Be sure to cite your resources.
Your assignment should contain a cover page, an abstract page, and a reference page in addition to the body. The body of the paper should be 5 pages, starting with a brief 1-paragraph introduction and ending with a short conclusion. The entire submission will be 8–10 pages in length.
Please submit your assignment as a Word document in APA format using the attached TEMPLATE.