Imagine that the CEO has charged you, the task force leader, with researching emotional intelligence (EI) in order to propose a professional development program.
Your proposal should detail how a new incentive program, based on an EI management approach, will foster teamwork, strengthen interpersonal relationships, enhance communication, and increase overall performance. You need to help the CEO gain approval for this initiative. Your program’s proposal must include supporting research concerning how motivational strategies enhance job satisfaction and team output.
Prepare for this assignment by identifying the resources you’ll use to create your proposal. You will need to provide at least two quality resources such as the course textbook, company website, business websites (CNBC, Bloomberg, etc.), resources from the Strayer Library, and/or outside sources. Note: Wikipedia and web-based blogs do not qualify as credible resources.
INSTRUCTIONS Create a proposal (five to seven pages recommended) that includes the following components:
1. EI and Motivation Which of the EI building blocks would impact management’s ability to enhance employee performance and job satisfaction? Based on your research on motivational theory, describe how your task force would utilize positive or negative reinforcement to influence the members of the organization and resolve the issue. Provide examples to support your solution.
2. EI and Social Skills and Decision Making Explain how the core concepts of emotional intelligence would enhance the social skills and the decision-making efficacy of the management team.
3. Effective Teams Describe the core attributes of an effective team and the strategies you would implement to develop team dynamics that will benefit the organization.
4. Reward Systems Create an effective reward system for this organization. Determine the strategies you would incorporate to motivate your employees and influence behavior.
5. Executive Summary Prepare a one-page executive summary that you will present to the CEO in an upcoming executive meeting. Note: An executive summary is a condensed version of your full report. It should summarize briefly all the main points in concise paragraphs. It should be written clearly and should use language appropriate for the audience.