Consider the current healthcare delivery models and practice settings. Reflect on how nursing practice is transforming in response to the current demands of the healthcare system and answer the following questions:
- What differentiates the practice of a master’s-prepared nurse compared to that of a baccalaureate-prepared nurse?
- What is the value of a master’s degree in nursing?
- What do you consider to be the most essential professional competency for a master’s-prepared nurse practicing in the 21st century?
Refer to AACN Essentials, NLN competencies, and CCN Nursing Conceptual Framework. Use at least one outside scholarly article to support your position. Provide an example to illustrate an application to professional practice.
For this Assignment, you evaluate an issue and consider how you could act as a moral agent or advocate, facilitating the resolution of the issue for a positive outcome.
This essay requires an exploration of mental health care from a
Students are to:
• Explore the literature on the historical development of key
concepts and philosophies used in the care of people with
mental illness (i.e. institutionalisation to deinstitutionalisation,
the development of Recovery-orientated practices);
• Analyse the research looking at the development of key
nursing models/theories used in mental health nursing
• Structure the paper as an essay (introduction which
introduces your topic, body of your work broken into
paragraphs, followed by a conclusion that summarises the key
• Incorporate scholarly and peer-reviewed literature into your
At this level of academic study, your essay needs to include a logical,
thought-out structure (headings are preferred). Sound referencing
practices in line with the School’s Harvard Referencing system needs
to be demonstrated.