For this assignment, locate and read the following case study: Madrzykowski, D., Forney, G. P., & Walton, W. D. (2002). Simulation of the dynamics of a fire in a two-story duplex – Iowa, December 22, 1999. Retrieved from http://www.fire.nist.gov/bfrlpubs/fire01/PDF/f01068.pdf
Once you have read and reviewed the case scenario, respond to the following questions with thorough explanations and well-supported rationale:
1. What fire model did they use for analysis, and was the model they chose verified and validated? Explain.
2. What other programs were used for their study, and why did they use them?
3. What types of data were used for the simulation?
4. Was their approach to the fire model probabilistic or deterministic, and explain why?
5. Did their simulation findings match the actual conditions?
Your critique should be a minimum of two pages, double-spaced, excluding the title and reference pages. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations. All references and citations used must be in APA style.