Business Admin Capstone Course
Week 2 eActivity
- Use the Internet or the Strayer Library to research the industry of your choice in light of the Five Forces of Competition Model. Be prepared to discuss.
“Union Pacific Corporation” Please respond to the following:
Perform an analysis of the social / demographic, technological, economic, environmental / geographic, and political/legal / governmental segments to understand the general environment facing Union Pacific.
Describe how Union Pacific will be affected by each of these external factors.
“Five Forces of Competition Model” Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity, analyze the industry you selected using the Five Forces of Competition Model to determine the impact of each of the five forces.
- Based on your analysis, determine if the industry is attractive or unattractive. Explain your rationale.
Assignment 1: Strategic Management and Strategic Competitiveness
Choose one (1) public corporation in an industry with which you are familiar. Research the company on its own Website, the public filings on the Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR database (http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml), in the University’s online databases, and any other sources you can find. The annual report will often provide insights that can help address some of these questions.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Assess how globalization and technology changes have impacted the corporation you researched.
- Apply the industrial organization model and the resource-based model to determine how your corporation could earn above-average returns.
- Assess how the vision statement and mission statement of the corporation influence its overall success.
- Evaluate how each category of stakeholder impacts the overall success of this corporation.
- Use at least two (2) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Determine ways in which the vision, mission, and stakeholders of a firm impact that firm’s overall success.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business administration.
- Write clearly and concisely about business administration using proper writing mechanics.
International Problem Course
“America in Vietnam”
The Vietnam War was a counterinsurgency that involved us in guerilla warfare that was similar, in some ways, to what we face in Afghanistan today. But the way the Vietnam War was conducted was considered to be immoral and unjust by many.
- Describe the prevailing arguments of what constitutes a “just war,” and assess the justice of the Vietnam War in that context.
- Speculate on how the world would be different today if the U.S. had not become involved in Vietnam. Looking forward to a great discussion! Let the sharing begin! Dave
Introduction to Finance
Post a Pin that relates to the topics covered this week and write why you chose this item. A Pin can be a link to a video or article that you found on the web.
Federal Reserve System