Need the organization to be The Los Angeles Police Department
Choose an organization according to the following:
- Current employer, or Most recent or former employer
- Place of business that you have patronized or have been familiar with, but within the last three or less.
- Avoid choosing an organization that is so large that historical data would be difficult to apply. Firms in the Russell 2000® index may fit well (You find this Index as an attachment in Class Message), whereas firms in the Dow 30 Industrial index probably do not fit well.
- The organization can be a start-up that you or a significant other may create in the future. For a start-up, focus on an entrepreneurial idea that is of substantive interest, so this project leaves you with a product you may leverage in the future. This option is the least favorable one because these companies might not have the required financial and background information to complete the assignment.
Write a 3-full page (about 900 to 1000-word) paper in which you address the following:
- Identify the major components of the strategic management process.
- Discuss how these components work together to create value for the organization.
- Evaluate the chosen company’s mission statement, vision statement, motivation strategy, innovation strategy, and people strategy. If the organization does not have one or more of these, how does that affect the organization and its people?
- Explain the role of ethics and corporate social responsibility in strategic planning. How does this direct their strategy? How does the organization’s vison and mission align with your own values and vision of an organization? If you are currently working for the organization, how does your role influence the organization and vice versa?
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
Supporting Material: Values and Strategy Grading Guide