- Psychology homework help
Assignment 1: Discussion: Random Selection
A random selection of files from a student counseling center revealed the following reasons why college students seek services:
Mental health issues 25
Learning/school issues 15
Relationship issues 5
- What does it mean to say the files were randomly selected?
- How would the researcher randomly select files? In other words, what does the process look like?
- What is the probability that if we pulled another student file from the counseling center the student would fall in each of the following categories a) mental health issues, b) learning/school issues OR relationship issues, c) any category except other?
- Would our probabilities and results be different if we used convenience sampling? Why or why not?
By the due date assigned, post your response to the discussion in the Discussion Area below.
- Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions
- Quality of responses to classmates
- Frequency of responses to classmates
- Reference to supporting readings and other materials
- Language and grammar