o whom it may concern,
This paper is going to be a critical review on an empirical research article. The article that needs to read and evaluated is:
• Concealed information under stress: A test of the orienting theory in real-life police interrogations. Published in: Legal and Criminological Psychology in 2011. Authors: B. Verschuere, E. Meijer, and A De Clercq.
Please only write this critical review if you have knowledge on forensic psychology or criminology. I am currently doing my masters in Psychology and this coursework is one of my final works (other than my dissertation) and this coursework is worth 50% of my final grade, so it is very important for the person who writes this paper to have knowledge from this field and write a very good paper. I understand that this service guarantees 100% satisfaction and not a high grade, however please try to achieve an excellent mark on this paper as it is very important for me because I am unable to do it due to unfortunate circumstances. I have also chose for it to be written at a first class standard, written by a top ten writer as well as proof read by an editor. I will also be providing a lot of information on how to write this review in order to get a high mark. So please only take on this paper only if you are confident you will do an outstanding job and if you are sure it will receive a high mark.
The word limit is 2500 words (excluding the references) please make sure not to exceed this word limit.
How to structure the Critical Review:
* The full APA style reference to the article must be included in the title.
2) Background: please make sure to include the following in the background section:
* summary of the relevant theoretical issues
* a review of previous research related to the article being reviewed
* please make sure to show evidence of reading other articles in the area and please reference this reading accordingly
( Please make sure that the Background section is not simply a summary of the introduction section of the article I have provided, so please make sure to do a lot of reading in this area and reference accordingly)
* identify and critique the rationale given by the authors in the article (located in the introduction)
– you will have to look at the background section you have written to assess
* is any key research missing from the introduction in the article you are reviewing? If so, then why is it relevant/important?
* do the authors present a compelling argument for why this research is needed?
* does the research question or hypothesis follow logically from the issues raised in the introduction?
4) Method and Design:
* in this part you will need to summarize and discuss the Method and Design section of the article being reviewed ( you will have to find any advantaged or disadvantages of the methodology and any weaknesses in the design, sampling method, analysis etc.)
* if you find any weaknesses, please make sure to explain why it is a weakness
* I would also like to mention, please note that carrying out a study on one particular sample (for example white middle class americans) is not necessarily a weakness, it is only a weakness if for example the authors did not indicate from which the participants are drawn, or if this specific sample is different from the population in general or if the author generalizes the results in an inappropriate way.
* please make sure to clearly summarize and evaluate the main research findings
* discuss whether or not the analysis seems sufficient to answer the questions posed by the researcher and address the aims of the research
* make sure to discuss whether or not the statements about the findings are justified in light of the data
6) Discussion and Conclusion:
* in this section, please make sure to clearly and concisely discuss the findings and conclusions with reference to the WIDER literature!
make sure to consider these points as well please:
*what are the theoretical and practical implications? Have they been fully examined by the authors?
* have the authors identified limitations in their research?
* is there any other limitations that you can identify that has not been mentioned in the article? Have any potential implications been missed?
* are there any alternative explanations for the findings that the researchers have not considered?
* do you have further recommendations for further research that researchers may not have suggested?