1. The paper will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, and use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and organization, based on the required components.
2. Create the assignment using Microsoft (MS) Word, which is the required format for all Chamberlain documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.docx.”
3. Submit to the CCN Dropbox by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday of Week 5. Any questions about this paper may be discussed in the weekly Q & A Discussion topic.
4. The length of the paper is to be no greater than three (3) pages, excluding title page and reference page. Extra pages WILL NOT be read by the instructor and WILL NOT count toward your grade.
5. Please name your file using the Required File-Naming Protocol for Submission of Assignments under Policies.
6. APA format (6th edition) is required in this assignment including a title page and reference page. Use APA level 1 headings for the organizational structure of this assignment. Remember that the introduction does not carry a heading that labels it as a level heading in APA format. The first part of your paper is assumed to be the introduction. See APA manual for details.
Use the suggested format and headings to organize your assignment.
a. Include introduction (but do not label as a heading in APA format).
b. Key strategies pertinent to ethical issue
c. Analysis of evidence
d. Importance to nursing
7. Submit your paper to Turnitin (TII) through the Dropbox by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. MT. You may revise and resubmit your paper to Turnitin through the Dropbox if you find your percentage on your originality report is too high. You should strive for a green (0%) or blue (1%-24%) report.
Please refer to the Turnitin documents for students under the Course Home for additional information on this process.
Please note: The instructor will retrieve your originality report from the Dropbox. You do not have to upload a separate document.
PREPARING THE PAPER
1. Introduce an ethical leadership issue from your practice area in the introduction paragraph.
2. Clearly identify key strategies pertinent to address the ethical issue. The strategies should focus on resolution or prevention of the ethical issue identified.
3. Provide an analysis of a minimum of three scholarly sources of empirical evidence that support your strategies. See Doc Sharing for a copy of Analyzing Scholarly Sources to assist with your assignment if needed.
4. Provide specific examples of the impact your ethical issue has to nursing and/or importance on nursing.
5. Concluding statements should summarize the overall content of your paper.
6. Paper will be no more than three pages, excluding title and reference page in APA format 6th edition.
Category Points % Description
Introduction 30 16% Introduction clearly introduces ethical leadership issue.
Pertinent Strategies 30 16% Identify key strategies pertinent to address the ethical issue.
Scholarly, Empirical Evidence is analyzed (minimum 3 sources) 30 16% Scholarly, empirical evidence that supports your strategies is clearly analyzed.
Importance to Nursing (specific examples) 30 16% Examples clearly demonstrate the importance to nursing.
Conclusion 30 16% Concluding statements summarizing content are present.
Text, title page, and references are consistent with APA format 10 7% Text, title page, and references are consistent with APA format.
Ideas and information from other sources are cited correctly 10 7% Ideas and information from other sources are cited correctly.
Rules of grammar, word usage, and punctuation are followed 5 6% Rules of grammar, word usage, and punctuation are followed.
Total 175 100
A quality assignment will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.