Calculating Descriptive Statistics
- What is the mean age of the sample data?
- What percentage of patients never used tobacco?
- What is the standard deviation for age?
- Are there outliers among the values of age? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- What is the range of age values?
- What percentage of patients had been taking Infliximab
- What percentage of patients had rheumatoid arthritis as their primary diagnosis?
- What percentage of patients had irritable bowel syndrome as their primary diagnosis?
- What is the 95% CI for age?
- What percentage of patients had psoriatic arthritis as their primary diagnosis?
Download the NR361 Interview Form (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site., which will be used to complete this assignment.
Select your interviewee and schedule an interview. This individual must be a Registered Nurse. Job titles of RNs who may be considered include, but are not limited to, Nursing Clinical Information Manager; Super User, Director/Manger Clinical Education; Chief Information Officer; Quality Assurance or Performance Improvement Nurse; Nurse Informaticist; Telenursing Specialist; Nurse Abstractor; Case Manager; Compliance Nurse. If you have any concerns about whether the RN is suitable for this assignment, contact your instructor BEFORE you schedule the interview.
Review all questions (areas of inquiry) on the Interview Form PRIOR to conducting the interview. You may print the form and take it with you to the interview.
Note there are five required questions to ask the RN.
Note there are four optional questions. You need to select only one of these to ask the RN.
Note there are two follow-up questions that must be answered by you.
Prior to conducting your interview, review two scholarly resources. These resources should guide your understanding of the RN’s role and responsibilities or make you more knowledgeable about GIGO, Interprofessional Communication, or other key concepts in the questions that you may not fully understand. For example, if your interviewee is a telenurse, you would want to review information on this specialty. If you do not know what GIGO means, look it up.
Conduct your interview. The length of your interview will vary but should not exceed one hour.
Submit the completed interview form prior to the deadline outlined above.