Written from the view point of white male in a rural community. Local demographics include a majority white middle class, a high percentage hispanic population that is continually growing, and a viable african american population.
As the cultural landscape changes, it is important for educators to increase their awareness and understanding of the diverse backgrounds in their schools and communities. For this task, you will create a report for your faculty colleagues and administrators, or a community leader, about the changing cultural landscape in the United States. You will explain how these changes are reflected in your school or community organization as well as the need to recognize and serve these populations.
A. Prepare a report for your faculty colleagues and administrators, or a community leader, in which you do the following:
1. Identify three demographics that are currently represented in your school or community among faculty, staff, students, and families.
Note: Examples of demographics could include language, race, ethnic group, and socioeconomic level.
a. Describe how each of the demographics identified in part A1 are occurring as trends generally across the United States.
i. Identify two sources that helped you identify how the demographics you described in part A1a are trends.
2. Describe how an increase in diversity among the faculty and staff at your school or in your community organization would benefit students or members of the organization.
B. Analyze the current communication practices within your school or community organization by doing the following:
1. Describe two specific, culturally-based communication practices within your school or community organization.
2. Explain two stereotypical assumptions that could limit effective communication within your school or community organization.
3. Explain two potential barriers to communication within your school or community organization that may cause misunderstandings because of cultural differences.
C. Propose ways to better serve the diversity needs of your school or community organization by doing the following:
1. Discuss two ways to better serve the diversity needs of your school or community organization.
2. Identify two resources that will help your school or community organization leaders learn more about cross-cultural communication.
a. Summarize each resource identified in part C2.
b. Explain two benefits of applying the information learned from each resource identified in part C2.
D. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the Rubric Terms web link included in the Evaluation Procedures section.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in an assessment, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the assessment.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from outside sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the APA Guidelines section.
The post Written from the view point of white male in a rural community appeared first on Unified Papers.